Friday, August 10, 2012

DIY Oatmeal Packet Tutorial

Sorry for the wait. As promised here is the Oatmeal Packet tutorial. I used a sewing machine for this. I know it sounds strange but .... IT WORKS!

You will need:
Sewing Machine
Lunch size paper bags (I used the larger sized bags)
Thread

1. Take your flat paper bag and fold the bottom in half. Stitch up the end right above the bottom. I sat and did this two all 8 bags I used for making oatmeal with.

2. Sew another seam all the way across 5 inches above the last seam.

3. cut all the way across directly below the second seam sewn.

4. Now you will want to lay all of your packets out and dispense your ingredients for your oatmeal packets. You can find my recipes here.

5. After you have all the bags filled you can stitch up the other end. Make sure to push all of the oatmeal to the end of the bag that is already sewn.

6. Now you can decorate the front. Make sure you don't push through the bag! I used some crayons to decorate ours!

Enjoy,
Jen


No comments :