Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Slow Cooker Hot Toddy

I was under the weather over the weekend and my husband attempted (I say attempted because it obiously didn't work) to keep me confined to the couch. While on the couch I watched alot of TV and my mind started to wander. I thought to myself, "I wonder if I could make a Hot Toddy in the slow cooker?" The anwser is .... YOU CAN! This style is apple cider based not tea based. My husband said it tasted like a hot carmel apple. I'm not sure about that but it did make me feel better!

I made this in our 4qt slow cooker.
--1/2 gallon or 64oz of Apple juice
--1 small orange
--1 cups dark rum (2 if you like it strong)
-- 1/8 cup orange juice
--1/8 cup lemon juice
--1/2 cup dark brown sugar
Place all ingredients in the crock pot. Cut the orange into slice and float on top. You can add some cloves for show if you like. Turn the crock pot on low for 3 hours or on high for an hour. Serve steaming hot in large coffee mugs or special glasses. I topped ours off with one cinimon stick per drink. The rum can be left out however you may want to add rum flavoring.
Cheers!

No comments :