Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Getting IT Together

It has been such a journey since the end of 2011. I really can't believe it's already March. It's been so long since my last post you all probably thought the worst!

We have been incredibly busy and going though a lot as a family. I don't talk about our family a whole lot mainly because I figure not you probably don’t want to hear about it. But I have to say that I am so thankful for the people that have been there for us its meant a lot to me.

After my last post I was lucky enough to find a new job. My workload is similar however I have a huge learning curve. Fortunately I have an awesome new manager has been training me from the ground up so I am very blessed. The job also provides me a lot more flexibility, but it has also been time consuming to bring myself up to speed. So everything else (except family) was put on the back burner. Can you imagine what my house looked like-eek!

On top of getting a new job and everyday life we finally after some struggling we're able to have Xavier assessed. For as long as I can remember X has had the beat of a 'different drummer'. He is an awesome little boy and I completely adore him but he was struggling in school. So after begging and pleading with our pediatrician we were able to take him to a neuropsychologist. He assessed Xavier and found that he has a very high IQ but has a five second attention span and came to the conclusion that X has ADHD. This wasn't a big surprise for us since ADHD runs in the family.

Our whole process since Xavier being diagnosed has been somewhat of a bumpy ride.
When friends asked about it I was greeted with all sorts of different reactions. But it seems that life is getting back to normal. Logan is getting the attention he needs and Xavier seems to be happier. So everything can get back on track.

No comments :