Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sowing Seeds














Last week I finished sowing my seeds for the vegetable garden. It is very late in the season but it seems that the weather this year is mild so I'm giving it a try. I used some leftover Popsicle sticks to label my plants and some leftover plastic shoe boxes that I purchased from target forever ago to plant in. I ended up using the Jiffy soil disks that rehydrate to sow my plants in. I like them because they can be planted directly in the ground. I think this just makes it easier to transplant the plants and the plants also get to keep their soil. I'm really trying to conserve funds so I used some neat helpful hints from Mr. Brown Thumb's blog you can check him out here .The butter lettuce, tomato, peas, onions, cantaloupe, and pumpkins are already starting to sprout! I can't wait to get them out in the yard.

No comments :