Tuesday, January 31, 2023

How to start meal prepping

A few years ago I started meal prepping and it changed our family for the better. Meal prepping is a fantastic way to save time, money,, and eat healthy throughout the week. I didn't realize how much it helped our family until I stopped meal prepping a few months ago. Afte everything sort of broke down and I realized how much time meal prepping was giving back to my life so I thought I would share some of the things our family does.   Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to get started with meal prepping:


Plan your meals: Decide on the meals you want to make for the week, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You can include a variety of foods Make to keep your meals interesting or you can be a little crazy like or family and have themed weeks. Yes, we had a "asian week" and a "Mexican food week". My kids really get into it. 

Make a grocery list: Write down all the ingredients you need for your meals, including any snacks you want to have on hand.

Go grocery shopping: I find when I make the list above it helps me avoid impulse buys.

Prepare your ingredients: Wash and chop your fruits and vegetables, cook your proteins, and get everything ready to be portioned out into containers.

Portion out your meals: Use airtight containers to portion out your meals into individual portions. Label each container with the date and type of meal.

Store your meals: Store your meals in the refrigerator or freezer, depending on when you plan to eat them.

Enjoy your meals: When it’s time to eat, simply take your meal out of the refrigerator or microwave from the freezer, and enjoy!

Meal prepping is a great way to ensure you have healthy, home-cooked meals at your fingertips. With a little bit of planning and preparation, you can save time and money while maintaining a healthy diet.

No comments :