Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Childs Faucet Extender

Not to long ago our two year old decided he wanted to do everything himself. I don't usually mind except when it comes to things like scaling the sink to wash his hands. Our issue - our sinks are so tall that even with a really high children's step stool he still can't reach the faucet! So i created a 'faucet extender' to make the water reach his little hands!

What you need:

  • Scissors 
  • large squarish bottle ( I used a Costco sized Pantiene bottle but any squarish plastic bottle will do)
  • a faucet to attach it to!



The first thing I did was cut a hole in the top of my bottle.

Then I cut off the top of the bottle. I took a look to see where our faucet would need to go through the bottle. I cut a large U shape out of the bottle and rounded the top corners so not to poke little hands.



That's it! As you can see our faucet is a very odd shape. Yours will probably look a bit different.

Happy DIYing!
Jen

No comments :